Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I become a member of SPI?
If you are an audio-visual producer affiliated with a production company you are entitled to become a member of SPI. Please visit the JOIN SPI Section to view membership fees and membership form.
You can join SPI in one of 3 ways:
- Click here to proceed to secure server for payment online
- Complete the membership form and return to make payment by cheque
- Complete the membership form and return with a Direct Debit Payment form to pay in instalments
2. What are the benefits of becoming a member of SPI?
- SPI is the national representative body for producers. We negotiate with other industry bodies and funders on behalf of members.
- SPI also promotes members on our website. All members receive a free listing on the site and access to the members only area of the site.
- Members can avail of free publicity for programmes or films up to screening or airing in the 'On Screen Now' section of the site.
- All of our events are free to members.
- SPI issues regular industry news bulletins to members containing information of relevance and updates on our work.
- All images on the SPI site are shots from members' productions.
- SPI have a Members Benefits Scheme with discounts to various publications and services relating to the industry.
3. I have an idea for a programme or film. How do I get my idea to a production company?
If you are not a producer or do not have a relationship with a production company and want to discuss an idea for a programme or film you can contact a member company to discuss. There is an a-z listing of production companies on our site which you can search. On the homepage enter any search words you would associate with your programme or film into the box and click search. This will break down the listings into those associated with these words. You can then read through the company listings and contact those you wish to. Unfortunately SPI cannot recommend production companies to the public.
4. I am a member of SPI. How do i...?
a) Log on to the members area of the site?
SPI allocate a username and password to you when you signed up. Enter these details in the box on the right and submit. This will bring you the members only section. The new site has a remember me button under log in.
b) Obtain existing or new username and password details?
If you do not have or have forgotten your username and password please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
c) My password is not working. What do I do?
d) Renew my membership on line?
Click onto the Renew SPI Membership in the Membership Area of the Site.
e) Change my contact details?
Log on to the Members Area. Click on 'Update my Profile'
5. How do I submit to the 'On Screen Now' Section?
Log in to the 'Members Area'. Click on 'Submit to On Screen Now'' on the RHS. Fill in the form. A member of SPI will review the article and you will be notified as soon as the article has been approved.