On Monday 20th June, SPI hosted a commissioning briefing event with Sky Ireland. Six of Sky's commissioners came over from the UK to outline their commissioning plans and needs for the future. They also explained the strategy for each of the channels for 2017/2018.
The visiting commissioners were:
- Zai Bennett - Director of Programmes, Sky Entertainment, UK & Ireland
- Adam MacDonald - Director of Sky 1
- Philip Edgar-Jones - Channel Director Sky Arts & Non-Scripted Commissioning
- Jon Montague - Head of Comedy
- Jamie Morris - Channel Editor, Sky Atlantic/ Head of Scheduling, Sky Atlantic and Sky Arts
- Anna Hargreaves - Development Coordinator, Drama
The event began with a buzzing networking session and finished with a networking lunch so there was plenty of business being done and connections being made! The briefing gave an excellent overview of how the Sky channels are progressing and the opportunities that might exist.
SPI hopes to continue to engage with Sky in the future to help more of our members to secure commissions from Sky. In the meantime, we have a packed events schedule planned for the coming months and hope to see all of our members there!
If you would like to join Screen Producers Ireland please click here.