I have an Idea for a TV Programme
You will need to directly contact a suitable Production Company who may have an interest in producing your documentary idea. Screen Producers Ireland is the representative body for independent Film, TV, Animation and Digital production companies operating in Ireland, we do not produce any programming ourselves.
We represent the majority of Production Companies in Ireland so you’ll find an A-Z list on our website production company directory. Each company has a profile of the type of programming they produce with links to their own websites available for further information. You will see that there are a lot of companies registered with us you can narrow it down by inserting key words into the ‘search production companies’ box. There are companies who make a variety of types of programming eg. Film, Documentary, animation etc..
I have a Script
We have compiled some useful resources to will help you progress with your script.
It is important for script-writers seeking to work in the Irish industry to be familiar with Irish film and television drama productions. Information about production companies based in Ireland is available on the SPI website production company directory, the production companies individual websites and www.imdb.com.
- The Irish Playwrights and Screenwriters Guild (IPSG) as a good resource for writers | www.script.ie
The (IPSG) is the representative body in Ireland for writers for the stage, screen, radio and digital media. The Guild is an organisation run by writers for writers.
- The Irish Film Board BSÉ/IFB is the national development agency for Irish filmmaking and the Irish film, television and animation industry. The agency provides a range of development funding programmes to enable writers, directors and producers to develop and prepare a screenplay project for production | IFB development funding
- Screen Training Ireland the national training and development resource specifically created for the Irish screen sectors | www.screentrainingireland.ie
Screen Training Ireland run training programmes and master classes for all areas of film including screenwriting. Their courses often offer a good opportunity to meet other writers, directors and producers.
- Filmbase is a not-for-profit resource centre for filmmakers, located in Temple Bar it is a good point of contact for filmmakers | www.filmbase.ie.
- IFTN The Irish Film and Television Network | www.iftn.ie
- Attendance at Film Festivals where new Irish short films and feature films are showing is often a good way to meet producers and learn about what’s going on. There are lots of different festivals around the country which showcase films by Irish filmmakers, here’s a link to the listings on the Irish Film Board website. IFB Festival listing
Book with a listing of Agents
Writers and Artists yearbook 2015 | This year book has an extensive listings of agents across all genres, screenplays, novels etc.
Film Ireland | Write Screenplays Article
Other useful links
The Script Room | BBCs brand new system for receiving unsolicited original scripts.
Industry News | Broadcast | Screendaily
I'm looking for a lawyer, production insurance, studio facilities.
We have compiled a list of legal firms, insurance companies and studios which service the film and television production business.
What are the other associations / guilds in the Irish production industry?
We have compiled a list of relevant organisations operating in Ireland.
Industry Associations /Guilds