Screen Producers Ireland Part-Time Communications Executive
Part Time Communications Executive (20 hours per week)
Insights, Policy and Communications Manager
Insights, Policy and Communications Manager
Sectoral Development and IR Manager
Membership and Corporate Services Manager
External Agencies – PR
Start date – TBC
Renumeration – €25,000 – 1 Year Fixed Term Part Time Contract
Overview of Screen Producers Ireland and Job Purpose
Screen Producers Ireland (SPI) is the national representative organisation of independent film, television, animation and digital production companies in Ireland. It is an outward facing and inclusive membership organisation whose members comprise a range of production companies, from young first time producers to producers of large scale high end film and TV drama.
SPI is focused on promoting the near and long term growth and sustainability of the independent production sector through a range of key activities including influencing and shaping public policy on the funding and development of the sector, the provision of information and guidance to members through resources and events, and negotiating secure industry-wide agreements relevant to the range of skills and productions.
SPI is now seeking to appoint a new part time communications executive (20 hours a week), on a fixed term contract, to help implement SPI’s communication strategy.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has a successful track record of creating original content for social channels using different digital tools, crafting dynamic press releases and content for printed media and successful implementing an organisation’s communications strategy.
It is a role for someone who wants to be a part of the audiovisual industry in Ireland and will articulate strong arguments for the long term sustainability of indigenous production.
SPI Strategy 2021 – 2024
- Working with the SPI executive, and Board and member committees, to achieve the goals of the SPI Strategy 2021 – 2024 through the targets of the Communications Strategy
- Create and execute compelling digital marketing campaigns that integrate seamlessly with the overarching marketing and communications plans
- Manage the communications campaigns to ensure cross efficiency with SPI’s lobbying goals
Digital Platforms and Online Content
- Create strong online content for use across all channels, such as copy, imagery, member promotion and content support
- Monitor important metrics across all digital channels, report to management
- Assist with Digital Platforms video content, eg. Q&As and panel discussions, live and pre-recorded SPI events, original content
- Create and circulate the dedicated SPI member ezine
- Manage SPI website to maximize its potential
Press Campaigns and Communications
- Maintain an ongoing strategic press release schedule, maximising publicity for the SPI
- Work directly with the Insights, Policy and Communications Manager to ensure proactive press and media outreach
- Compile and maintain accurate and updated contact lists for direct targeting outreach purposes in accordance with company data policy and best practice
- Record and monitor press activity through online alerts and press clippings
- Collate quarterly reports on media coverage for circulation to the Board and other key stakeholders as required
- Assist with any enquiries from media in relation to SPI’s various activities across its core pillars
Membership Development and CRM
- Assist the Insights, Policy and Communications Manager in targeting audiences for key digital content, lobbying campaigns and as part of the SPI stragtegy
- Creative thinking around and delivery of tactical cross-promotional activities within social media and e-marketing
- Engage with SPI membership to amplify their content, showcase their production companies and find opportunities to highlight their work off and online.
- This job spec is not exhaustive and from time-to-time, you may be required to perform other duties or take on other responsibilities as necessary
Key Skills Required
- Excellent writing skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrable understanding of sales and marketing
- Graphic design and use of design software tools an advantage
- Video production and use of video editing software an advantage
For the role to maximise its potential, teamwork and effective communication are key. The Communication Executive is expected to contribute proactively and constructively to the team, share information and contribute to meetings, and be flexible in all aspects of the role when required.
In addition, the role requires the following attributes:
- Strong focus on planning and time management with excellent organisational skills
- Web development skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to coinciding deadlines
- Creative thinker and problem-solver
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work independently and innovatively, but most importantly as a team
- Passion for film or interest in promoting arts and culture is highly desirable
- A third level marketing qualification or equivalent
- A minimum of five years professional marketing experience
- Fluent Microsoft Office, CRM, Email platform (eg. Mailchimp)
- Photo and video editing (eg. Adobe Creative Suite) experience preferred
Applicants should submit a C.V. highlighting relevant experience, accompanied by a statement of suitability setting out reasons for considering themselves suitable for the role.
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com by 4th June 2021.
Applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.