Screen Producers Ireland is delighted to announce the introduction of a new SPI Emerging Producers Rate from March 1st.The new member rate will be €200, (50% reduction on current rate) and will enable emerging producers to access full SPI membership benefits as they are in the start up phase of building sustainable independent production companies.
The new rate is being launched as part of the Screen Producers Ireland sold out industry panel event at VDIFF ‘Mentorship and the Importance of Building Community for Creative Screen Producers’ today, Friday 28th February at 3pm in the Chocolate Factory.
One of SPI’s primary goals as an organisation is to support the growth and sustainability of the Irish independent production sector. We want to ensure that we represent all producers currently creating content in Ireland. In these very challenging times for all Producers we wanted to recognise the particular challenges faced by emerging producers and to offer them some additional, affordable support. There has been a significant increase in the number of short form content productions that are being made in Ireland and SPI believes it can offer, through the many membership benefits that we have, a positive, advisory space for these producers to use, learn from and grow.
SPI Membership Benefits include:
- At SPI, we have an open door policy to provide our members advice on all producing queries, from funding to industrial relations and employment rights to sample contracts and industry insights.
- We deliver a diverse range of events of interest to our members. Our high-quality seminars are geared towards producers creative and business interests covering a broad range of subjects. SPI events offer members the opportunity to informally meet with each other and key industry decision makers throughout the year. Events on topics such as S481, meet the broadcaster commissioners, employer obligations, and sustainable film making.
- SPI is the voice of industry with Government, broadcasters, funding agencies and trade unions. We represent our members in negotiations and discussions with all these bodies.
- Members have full access to the SPI resource library. Online documents include template contracts, broadcasters’ terms of trade, union agreements and guidance notes on a range of topics.
- Our online production company directory gives members an opportunity to further promote their business and see each other’s works.
- We communicate regularly to our members’ details of broadcaster commissioning rounds, upcoming events and training opportunities through our newsletters.
Details on the eligibility criteria for the new emerging producer annual membership fee of €200 are,
A producer / production company must have had a short / feature shown at one of the following Irish festivals or short strands (or international equivalents to be decided on a case by case basis) between March 2017 and March 2020.
- Fastnet Festival
- Galway Film Fleadh
- Cork Film Festival
- Richard Harris Festival
- Waterford Film Festival
- Virgin Dublin International Film Festival
- Kerry Film Festival
- Belfast Film Festival
Note: A producer / production company that has had content commissioned by RTÉ (outside of Storyland), TG4, Virgin Media TV, or other international broadcasters, or distributed nationally / internationally in cinemas, is not eligible.
Any producer interested in applying to join can contact us at email@example.com